All medication refills and renewals are made through our mail-out pharmacy. Veterans who use this system agree that it is very accurate and convenient. Your prescriptions are delivered right to your mailbox. Our goal is to provide cost effective services in an accurate and timely manner to Veterans. You can request a refill by phone, internet, mail or use the pharmacy drop box. You can request a renewal by phone. Note: All refills and renewals should be ordered at least ten (10) days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Internet Prescription Refills
Prescriptions may be refilled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. To refill a medication or to check the status of your refill request, log in to your My HealtheVet account. You will need a user ID and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily register online by creating a personal profile or you can visit the Voluntary Service and speak to one of our My HealtheVet In-Person Authenticators for training and assistance with My HealtheVet.
Register: Getting Started with My HealtheVet
- Go to My HealtheVet.
- Select the green Register Today Start Here button on the landing page.
- Complete the Registration Form.
- Select the red SAVE button at the bottom of the Registration form.
For additional features, be sure to upgrade to a premium account.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process or your account you can:
My HealtheVet Resources
- Send us details using the Contact Us form. Our goal is to reply to you by the next business day; or
- Call the My HealtheVet National Help Desk at 1-877-327-0022, Monday - Friday, 8am-8pm (EST); or
- Contact the Northport My HealteVet Coordinator, Valerie Drautz, at 631-261-4400 x5358.
• My HealtheVet Brochure
• My HealtheVet Online Prescription Refills
• My HealtheVet Online Prescription Refills Fact Sheet
• My HealtheVet Registration
Phone Prescription Refills
An automated refill line is available for all patients. Have your prescription number and social security number ready for the call. If you wait until the end of the call, you will have the opportunity to speak with a live person.
- Dial 1-800-799-3023.
- After you dial, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your full social security number followed by the # key. Wait for an answer.
- Press 2 for Pharmacy Options.
- Press 1 for refills followed by the prescription number and the # key. To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
- Press 2 to check prescription status followed by the prescription number and the # key.
- To check the status of your refill request, call the automated refill line at 1-800-799-3023.
Mail Prescription Refills
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
P. O. Box 9000
Northport, NY 11768-9000
Once your prescription refill has been processed, your medications will be mailed to you.
Pharmacy Drop Box for Prescription Refills
Located in the Bldg 200 Pavilion Outpatient Pharmacy area.